Feedback is an indispensable part of the design process. The more we can tap into the different perspectives and insights of our teammates, the further we can push our work. However, giving and receiving feedback can often be time consuming and disorganized. Especially when it’s disconnected from the actual design work.
Today, we’re excited to introduce Annotations on Wake!
Spend less time explaining and more time showing by commenting directly on a design. Simply highlight the area you want to reference, type your feedback, and bam! It’s fast, simple, powerful, and you’re going to wonder how we made it this far without it.
Annotations on iPhone
You never know where you’ll be when you need to give your team feedback. So everything you can do on web, you can do on our native iOS app. To annotate, just tap and hold anywhere on a design and then choose Add Annotation from the action sheet. 😎
We packed a few more updates into this release that we hope will make your lives a little easier. For example:
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Z – Cycle through all the available zoom levels
- C – Close and open the conversation sidebar
- F – Simultaneously close the conversation and zoom to actual size
- Space + Drag
- Pressing spacebar will now hide all annotations and overlapping UI. While pressed you can drag and pan around to explore a design.
- Comment & Annotation Permalinks
- You can now link directly to a specific comment or annotation. Just click the timestamp to get the url.
Annotations are available today for all users on all plans. We hope they make giving feedback and explaining your thinking faster and easier. Let us know what you think on twitter: @wakeinc